Why stay in a suite when you can book an entire mansion? Las Ventanas al Paraíso, A Rosewood Resort has long been the paragon of luxury in Cabo, but its new US$35,000 per night Ty Warner mansion has just raised the bar even higher.
The debut came on the Five-Diamond property’s 19th anniversary, revealing a 2,600 square-metre fortress of solitude with a private beachfront, 100-metre infinity pool, swim-up bar, palapa-covered dining patio and personal spa, all conceptualised by Mr Ty Warner himself, the CEO, sole owner and founder of Ty Inc., famously responsible for Beanie Babies, with the project overseen by interior designer Robert Couturier.
Described as a “true manifestation of an earthly paradise” by the MD Frederic Vidal, it’s a breathless yet apt description, with two sprawling ocean view master suites with lofty six-metre-high ceilings, Indian silk sari upholstery, and custom-designed Mexican artwork. Nine-metre-wide sliding glass doors open directly onto the pool deck, and connect to luxurious private steam rooms, saunas, and outdoor showers – and then there’s the glass rooftop pool that tops the ceiling of the master bathroom – so you can watch your friends splosh overhead.
Light is certainly key, with a retractable glass sun roof that lets light stream through to a staggering 7.5 million hand-laid white marble tiles. You won’t even have to lift a finger, with VIP service from a personal staff of seven, including a private chef, an on-call driver for chauffeured car service, and two butlers. And, to really make it an occasion, a firework display can be arranged on request. On the ground floor the lawn stretches past a chess set to a hot tub that has been carved from a rocky ridge just above the beach, and the palapa-covered patio features two five metre-long sofas.
– Unique in-room tequila welcome
– 24-hour room service
– Live entertainment nightly
– Access to The Spa at Las Ventanas and fitness centre
– DVD library
– Twice-daily housekeeping with nightly turndown service
– Fresh fruit replenished daily
– Bottled water
– Enhanced poolside service & amenities
– Personal butler service
– Deluxe Bvlgari bath amenities
– iPod docking station upon request
Features unique to the mansion:
– Beyond the in-room tequila welcome, guests have access to an entire tequila library stocked with some of the world’s rarest tequilas including Clase Azul Ultra and Don Julio Real
– In the Multimedia Room, guests not only have a DVD library, they have a 14’ widescreen UltraHD projector, 90” flatscreen and pinball game center at their disposal
– An ultra-luxurious Signature Mansion Massage to soothe tension on arrival, available in the massage pavilion, located on the rooftop terrace overlooking the Sea of Cortez