Travel website TripAdvisor, has announced the winners of its 2014 Travelers' Choice awards for hotels. Properties were identified in the categories of Top Hotels, Bargain, B&Bs and Inns, Family, Luxury, Romance, and Small Hotels.
Award winners were determined based on the reviews and opinions of millions of TripAdvisor travellers worldwide. In total, 7,123 unique properties worldwide won awards this year. Italy featured the most unique hotel winners with 152, the UK had 145 properties recognised and the US and France each featured 144 award winners.
TripAdvisor branded sites make up the largest travel community in the world, with more than 260 million unique monthly visitors, and more than 125 million reviews and opinions covering more than 3.1 million accommodations, restaurants, and attractions.
TOP 10 HOTELS:
1. Grand Hotel Kronenhof, Pontresina, Switzerland
2. The Upper House, Hong Kong, China
3. Gili Lankanfushi Maldives, Lankanfushi, Maldives
4. Nayara Hotel, Spa & Gardens, La Fortuna de San
Carlos, Costa Rica
5. The Oberoi Udaivilas, Udaipur, India
6. Casa Gangotena, Quito, Ecuador
7. Lindos Blu, Lindos, Greece
8. The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort, Punta de Mita,
9. The Oberoi, Mumbai, Mumbai, India
10. Trump International Hotel & Tower Toronto,
Top Luxury Hotel in the World: Akademie Street Boutique Hotel and Guesthouse, Franschhoek, South Africa
Best Hotel for Romance in the World: The Place Luxury Boutique Villas, Koh Tao, Thailand
The average nightly rate of Travelers' Choice award-winning ‘Luxury’ hotel is $467. All 7,123 unique winners of the awards for hotels can be found at http://www.tripadvisor.com/TravelersChoice.